Saturday, January 13, 2024

Trail at dusk

I found this section of the rail trail I hadn't walked before. A friend from another state happened to text me while I was out there. I sent her a photo of the river I was watching go by and of the trail I was walking down. She joked that I was showing off about living in an enchanted forest and next I'd tell her the birds here do my hair like some Disney princess. All at once, I remembered the story you told me about raising a baby bird when you were a child. About how it slept in your hair. How could I have forgotten that? There was a feeling of horror in noticing that I had. How everything, even what you cherish more than anything else, passes away. 

Let go. Fall away with love and try to smile. What else can be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment