Sunday, March 10, 2024

Nice one

Sure, I like dogs well enough (despite some unpleasantness with a couple of them early in life). But I don't idealize them. They are totally capable of acting like assholes. Granted, acting that way is usually somehow connected to its human. Like the unleashed German shepherd who rushed me on the trail this evening with his human close behind fucking around absent-mindedly with a music player on his phone. Don't worry, he's friendly! the dope said as the dog's teeth connected with my shin. The dog didn't actually bite me, but it was an act of aggression. Put it on a fucking leash, I said to the man. 

That was the first negative vibration emitted from me all day long. 

Had a cheeseburger for brunch and thought I'd take a walk back out to the eagle's nest after that. I walked eleven miles feeling better and better as I went. Lighter. Unencumbered, I think. 

The eagle's nest was silent. I stayed in the area for about an hour and there was no activity in the nest at all. Not sure how to interpret that for the eagles, but what grace it was to have been able to see them nesting a week ago. A beaver has been at work in the spot I chose for mediation then felling three young trees and leaving behind small piles of pithy white chips. I watched a busy nuthatch for a while. A pair of ducks. The beaver slapped its tail on the water's surface just to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment