Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Forget your troubles

I'm trying to allow myself the happiness of small things. Real things. Like, for instance, last week I stumbled upon a place that has all-you-can-eat steamed clams for a reasonable price. Steamed clams in melted butter? Yup, I can raise some happiness for those. 

As I was wrapping up my shift today, I remembered that tonight's the night. I started dancing around the kitchen trying to make the most of this rising feeling of momentary happiness for shellfish. Fly Me To The Moon came into my head. Sinatra's version. Then I remembered. 

I've left rumination behind, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a visit with a joyful memory now and again.  I remembered a few minutes of a particularly soaring kind of happiness while I sang that song to you one magical night. And that made me remember other moments too. We did enjoy some happiness together, you and I. Those moments are still like a box of collected gemstones to me. I'd like to sing that song again someday but, for now, I'll leave it there in happy memory with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment