Monday, December 28, 2020

Side effects may include imposter syndrome

The moon is big and bright tonight. The Cold Moon. The Cancer Moon. I thought I might go out for a walk and bathe in its light for awhile but I fell asleep right after dinner. 

I think I'm feeling a bit extra tired after receiving the first dose of the Moderna vaccine at work this morning. I can't be sure if the shot had anything to do with it. Other than the tiredness though, I feel alright. 

I wasn't expecting to get it so soon. Thought I'd be in the second of third tier. But I've been on a temporary assignment this last month working on a geriatric psychiatry unit. There was a Covid outbreak there a few weeks ago but it was contained pretty quickly. Someone's looking out for me, I guess. I should feel lucky. But I feel guilty.

There are so many others who should get that shot before me. Then again, in big picture terms, what's important is getting as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible. So, in that sense, I guess I did my bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment