Friday, March 26, 2021

Friday notes

I have honored my commitment thus far and have not been out there at night drunkenly shouting Motorhead songs at an audience of unhappy strangers. I am auditing medical records. I am trying to stay focused. I did eat a delicious Southern meal at Mother Kelly's Home Cooking which included fried pork chop, mac and cheese, collard greens, and hot water corn bread, but I haven't eaten up the whole town like I used to want to do. This morning, at first light, I was working dutifully at my computer. The sound of birds rose with the sun. They tempted me more. 

I walked along the edge of a swamp last evening and saw a part of a white-tailed deer that would rather not have been seen. I thought of snakes, so looked them up later. Arkansas supports many varieties including the venomous copperhead, cottonmouth, coral snake, and three varieties of rattlers. I'll watch my step or maybe stick to the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment