Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Too early for drowsing

Celebrate, sure, but never gloat. My raft seems to have significantly less air in it today. I worked and spent some time in between work-related tasks unsubscribing to tens of junk e-mails trying to sell me things I do not want. I'd like to declutter my life, you know? 4 PM is dusk now and I seem to be feeling that missing light. A hurricane approaches. My kids will be driving on Thanksgiving. I feel an urge to pick them all up at their various locations instead and deliver them safely back when the time comes. There have been some invitations lately. I decline them politely. Still not feeling like socializing beyond family. There's a zoom call at 7 PM regarding something this coming weekend. I'm hoping I'll be more sociable by then. I had this idea last night, when I was still feeling bright and energetic, to take some aspect of the day and run with it in writing. Create a fictional story out of a factual occurrence. It might have been the cashier in short sleeves stationed too close to the exit with it's sliding electronic doors and the intermittent arctic breezes that assailed her. Or maybe the tiny hellion with mischief in his eyes turning his full grocery carriage around and making ready to sprint with it down an empty aisle. There are all kinds of stories right around here if you're willing to participate. Why aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment