Saturday, March 16, 2024

Eluxoroma

I came out of the woods with five affirmations last weekend. Today, I had a chance to practice them during less than ideal conditions. First, I forgot my phone and didn't realize it until I was too far away to turn around for it. I said a few not-very-nice-things to myself and then countered immediately with the affirmations. The dissonance made me laugh. What do I need a phone for anyway? 

We completed the tenth rolfing session today. My neck wasn't right when I went in but it was better when I came out. I fell asleep several times on the table. It was peaceful. Integration, she said. That's how it's supposed to be. Giant steps, she told me. There's still some opportunity there, but we've taken giant steps. 

I took myself to lunch after in a town where I used to work. Ordered the sandwich I used to eat pretty frequently back then. It was good, but not as good as I remember. Paid the check and drove back to Worcester where I had some errands to run. Bank first: check. UPS store: there's a problem. The machine won't accept my ATM card as payment. I try it as a credit card. I try it as a debit card. I try it each way three times. I'l use my credit card. No, I won't because apparently I left it at the restaurant 45 minutes South of here. 

I drag myself out of the store by the neck, bash my head against the trunk of my car a couple of times and get in. The words I'm using internally are not at all complimentary at this point, but good for you for tuning into them. I remember my affirmations. I say them aloud. The first run through sounds like I'm a prosecutor reading a list of charges to some monster in a court of law. The second is a little closer to neutral, but certainly not kind. By the fifth repetition, I was feeling pretty calm. What the hell? It's a nice day for a drive. 

The card was where I left it. The waitress handed it back to me with a smile. When I got home, my phone was there on the counter plugged into the charger. There were no missed calls. There were no missed texts. By the end of the day, I'd gotten done most of the things on my list anyway. The one or two items I didn't get to can wait. 



No comments:

Post a Comment