Thursday, March 14, 2024

This again

I was busy with work for most of the ten hour shift while noticing the sun was out and thinking that I'd like to be outside underneath it. When the end of the shift arrived, that strange tiredness had come upon me. It's something like a mild novocaine curtain coming down inside my head. Heavy weights suspended from my wrists pulling my shoulders down. Find somewhere to get flat. Inertia. A strange short sleep takes me. 

One man spoke of the two wolves within while he patiently waited to know his fate fully understanding that to take a stand for truth is to offer oneself up for murder. Another spoke of Zen and maintenance in the wake of his woman leaving and telling him she was keeping his dog. I already meditated, he said. I'm calm. I understood them both differently than I would have a year ago. I can see the page is turning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment